Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Friends and Old Friends

This past weekend (November 5-7) Nathan, Anastyn, and I went to Kansas City to visit Karen, my roomate from college, and her husband, Justin. We had a great time and Anastyn enjoyed herself, too. Friday night we rented movies and ate pizza after our drive there. Saturday we went to a brunch with some of Karen and Justin's friends from church. It was delicious and nice getting to meet some of their friends. Then Karen and I decided to go shopping and left Anastyn with the boys. Saturday night another one of my old roomates, Lacey and her husband Brandon, met us for dinner and we got to meet their daughter Peyton. Peyton was born in August about a month and a half after Anastyn. She is such a doll! Unfortunately, we didn't get very many pictures of Anastyn and Peyton together because Anastyn was quite tired and pretty much cried the entire time we were at the restaurant. She is usually very good and we don't have trouble very often, but that night was just not her night! Maybe another time! We left on Sunday after church and Anastyn slept the entire ride home. I think she was very happy to be home. She played with us at home, no fussing at all and went straight to bed with not even a whimper. As a side note, I must add, I am very sad that this will be my last week at home with Anastyn. I have cried 3 out of the four nights already this week. I am blessed that I got to stay home with her as long as I have, but it makes it that much harder to go back to work. I have really tried to treasure every moment and take it all in. She has been extra sweet this week, too. Such as when I put her to bed, as soon as I walk into her room, she has started opening her mouth and finding my cheek. I am pretty sure she is trying to give me kisses, because that is what I do to her every morning and night. It really does melt a mother's heart! Well, I will stop veering off the path of this post and let you get on to the pictures!


Karen and Justin playing with Anastyn


The best picture we could get of Anastyn and Peyton. Such cute little girls, don't you think?


Lacey's husband, Brandon, with Anastyn

Me, Karen, Lacey and Peyton. Nathan had taken Anastyn to put her to sleep by this time.

On our shopping trip, I got Anastyn a new little hat. I thought she looked pretty cute in it. And I think she might be taking lessons on posing from her cousins!

For those of you that want to know, I posted three new posts tonight, so scroll on down if you are interested.

2 comments:

Karen Hathaway said...

We miss you guys and are so glad you came down!!! Love you!

Devin said...

I'm glad you got to visit your friends. Good luck tomorrow on your first day back to work. I know it will be hard, but it will be a good thing for you. We love you all and can't wait to get our hands on Anastyn this weekend!