Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Making A Comeback

So...it has been a while. Working on some posts about what we have been up to. Until then, here is my version of Embrace the Camera. I have seen it on this blog and think it is a great idea. Technically, you are supposed to do it on the same day as she does and link to her blog so you can see lots of other fun bloggers embracing the camera. But since I am just doing good to get a post up, period, I am just throwing a picture up today.



A few weeks ago Nathan was out of town for the week, so we had lots of fun girl time around the Lansford house. One BEAUTIFUL day, we decided to play in the garage. Anastyn rode her tricycle, Natalie played in the little car that we have and the wagon. We were just having a good time singing and dancing and playing in the garage.
Anastyn has been very into dressing herself and picking out her own clothes lately. One of my favorite parts of the day is when I arrive home on the days I work, Anastyn always greets me at the door with a very loving " Hi, mommy!" and she is always wearing a skirt or play dress with high heels. I. LOVE. IT. And Natalie comes crawling as soon as she sees me and starts whining for me to pick her up. It makes me feel warm and loved and I can't help but smile. I love that part of the day.
Now, I will be honest, I wish I could say that is how the entire evening goes. But Anastyn usually has some crazy meltdown, I get fairly frustrated and we have some tears before everything gets back to happy and normal. However, that is our life right now and I really do want to embrace it. I have a really hard time being in the moment sometimes. I get distracted by all the things that seem to need to be done around the house and hear myself saying, "in a minute, hold on" and it makes me cringe. Then I catch a glimpse of my girls making each other laugh (which is by far the best sound I have ever heard!), or playing peek a boo and I try to remind myself that this time is going by so fast and I need to EMBRACE it now! I am working on it.

2 comments:

Jordyn said...

Aww! I love this post! I am all about remembering the good and the bad, too! - Soaking it up while they're young and loving every minute!

I've followed Emily Anderson's blog since I started blogging - and I always see her Embrace the Camera posts each week. I believe you've inspired me to start participating! Thanks, Brooke! :)

Brooke said...

Thanks for your comments Jordyn. You have been on the ball with your posting. I am quite behind. But I am going to give it a whirl again! Thanks!