Monday, November 10, 2008

4 Month Check-Up

Today, Anastyn went to her 4 month check-up. She woke up in such a good mood and didn't fuss at all this morning, which made me feel really bad about taking her to go get shots. She was the perfect little patient though. She looked around curiously at the fun pictures in her room, she was perfectly still as she was being weighed and having her length measured, and she talked to both the nurse and the doctor. She only cried for a short time after her shots and was calmed back down before it was time to put her back in her car seat. Too bad she is too little for suckers, because she definitely earned one! Anyway, here is her report. She weighed 12 lbs. 11 oz (19th percentile). She measured 23 1/2 inches (12th percentile). She is developing just as she should. The doctor was impressed at how well she can sit with little support. And said she is a very strong little girl, which is what we have been told ever since the first pediatrician saw her in the hospital. She said Anastyn's little fake cough is perfectly normal but she was surprised she is already doing that. She has also been laughing since 2 months, which the milestone for that is generally around 4 months. She is still not rolling over consistently. She can do it with her arm still underneath her, and she can turn herself in a complete circle on the floor, but she has no desire to just roll over! The doctor suggested trying to start feeding her rice cereal and see how she does. I think she will really like it, but we shall see. I can't think of anything else right now. She is happy and healthy and that is all I care about right now! I am apparently a terrible mother and can't seem to take a picture of my daughter on her actual month birthdays, but here is one from November 4th, 2 days after her 4 month birthday. I am pretty sure she looked the same on November 2nd, but you would still think I could remember to get my camera out!


3 comments:

Kevin said...

I always hated the shots. I feel terrible holding skylar or londyn down so that they could receive a shot. Obviously, it is for the best.

Brooke said...

I know, it breaks your heart to have to hold them still while someone hurts them with a shot!

Devin said...

She's of course, perfect. She looks so cute in that picture. Can't wait to see her again. (you too!) Love you all!