Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 Month Check Up

Okay, here is the last post for tonight. Anastyn went to the doctor for her 6 month check up on Wednesday, January 7th. This is the first appointment I was unable to be at, which made me very sad. However, Nathan was able to take her and got to spend the day with her, so I am sure she enjoyed the time she got to spend with Daddy. Nathan said she did very well after she got her shots. She calmed down easily and even liked the medicine that they gave her by mouth this time. Last time she kept gagging, so I am glad that it went down a little easier this time. Her official stats are as follows:
weight - 13 lbs 12 oz which puts her in the 10th percentile
height - 24 and 3/4 inches putting her in the 16th percentile
head circumference - 41 cm which is in the 13th percentile
So, she is a little bit small, but nothing to worry about. She is doing wonderful as far as her physical development and I assume she is just fine mentally as well. She seems to be pretty smart if you ask her mom and dad, but we might be a little biased!
I know I already posted on all of the fun things she is doing now, but here is a little refresher. She is sitting up on her own very well. She can't quite figure out how to get there from a lying down position, but I am sure it won't be too long. She is holding her bottle completely by herself. I actually think she prefers to do it herself as long as she isn't too sleepy. She is rolling all over the place and starting to inch herself forward on her belly little by little. She has learned to get up on her toes and lurch forward just slightly, but she usally ends up doing a face dive. So I am sure we will be seeing the beginnings of crawling within the next month or so. She loves to have her little hands kissed and she is still loving momma's hair as she sucks her thumb. Although, I find this very cute, I am a little sad because it seems as though she has traded her big kisses in for the holding of my hair. She is still cuddly though, so I guess that is the best thing either way!
Today, Terri Stoff from Life Reflections Photography came to take Anastyn's 6 month pictures. I think they are going to be very cute. Anastyn has become quite the talker as of late. The past two mornings I have heard her at about 5:30 each morning lying in her crib just cooing and talking and laughing. I have no idea why she is waking up so early all of a sudden, but I am glad that she is happy as a lark just talking to her little piggy that is in her crib and the letters on her wall. I think every parent loves that moment when they hear their child over the baby monitor just talking up a storm to whatever shadow, stuffed animal, blanket, finger or toe will listen. I think it is so cute! She also decided to show the photographer how well she can talk by giving her a long rambling of lalalalala along with some other syllables and bubble blowing. As I said in one of my prior posts, she is really getting to be so much fun and we are so excited to see her as she continues to grow and develop.
Below are a couple pictures of Anastyn playing in our bed one Saturday morning. Nathan had pulled the cover up over her head, and as you can see, it was full of static. Anastyn thought it was fun hiding under the cover and I thought her hair looked funny so I ran and got my camera.




1 comment:

Devin said...

Her hair looks really light and think in those pics. Too funny. It sounds like she's just perfect. Her stats sound like that of her cousins. Can't wait to see you guys!