Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blueberry Picking

You pick yourself a berry
And you put it in a bucket
Pick yourself another
Plump and juicy and new
Pick yourself a handful
Too yummy for the bucket
Squoosh 'em in your mouth
Until it all turns blue

Apparently these are lyrics from a Sesame Street song that I can not find the tune to, but anyway, I thought they were cute...and fitting. About a month ago now, we decided to go blueberry picking. I LOVE blueberries and so does Anastyn and they are so good for you, so I was excited for the opportunity to go. My mom went with us and we had a great time. It was a gorgeous morning... perfect for picking. And the blueberries were the most beautiful and tasty berries I have ever seen or eaten! We each had our little buckets and we picked and ate and played for about 3 hours. We picked almost 40 pounds of blueberries. Anastyn was so much fun to watch. She loved eating them, she took a few pictures when she got bored, and used the bucket as a step stool. The farm where we picked was absolutely beautiful and so well taken care of. It was perfectly mowed and no weeds at all. It really was such an enjoyable time. I can't wait to go again next year! I will no longer apologize for my ridiculous amount of pictures with each post, I think we have all realized I can't choose between pictures and most of the time don't have the time to put them in collage form. So just scroll on down and enjoy!

Eating the blueberries was definitely the best part!

Proud of her first pick


Playing between the blueberry bushes. She walked between these 2 bushes 100 times. She was having fun.


I looked under at one point to check on her since she had gone to the other side and saw this. I thought it was just too cute. Those little legs standing on that bucket to reach the blueberries... LOVE IT!




makes me smile!





Grammy Tammy and Anastyn with some of their blueberries


Going for a big bunch!





Anastyn and mommy


Just look at those blueberries. We had 7 bags full! What a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Devin said...

It looks like you had A LOT of fun picking blueberries! Such cute pictures, I too love the one of her feet on the bucket!